Normally, I'd show what my beach bag looks like, but I don't really have one! I tend to go for a backpack or just a cheap bag that I don't mind getting sand all over. So when I was in Myrtle Beach, I borrowed a random tote my boyfriend happened to bring. Inside were my beach essentials:
water bottle: on a hot, sunny beach day you definitely don't want to get dehydrated! I had to have my trusty Camelbak with me on the beach.
sunscreen: I'm sure this is a given! However, I did have two kinds: a cool and creamy SPF 30 for my face and a spray tanning oil SPF 4 for my body. I'm naturally fairly olive-toned so my body doesn't burn easily but my face sure does!
leave-in conditioner: everybody loves a good beachy wave. To keep it a little more tame and healthy, I sprayed my Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner (mini size courtesy of my hairdresser!) when I came out of the water. It smells amazing too!
sunglasses: I purposely wore cheap sunglasses in case anything happened to them, and boy am I glad I did because the ocean ate my glasses. I wore them in the water the first two days with no problems but the third time a big wave hit me and I never saw my glasses again. Thankfully, they were only $10 and I found them on amazon when I got home.
phone: I take my phone everywhere to take pictures and the beach is no exception. I don't have a waterproof case, so I just put it in some tupperware and tried my best not to get it sandy.
camera/s (not pictured, sorry!): one camera was being used to take these blog photos and the other I didn't include because I wasn't sure I'd bring it on to the beach (but I'm glad I did!)
flip-flops: my favorite flip-flops are by Rainbow. They're pricey for the average flip flop but they're superb quality and will last you a few years. Besides, they're super comfy!
sun hat: I actually bought this the day I got to Myrtle Beach and it was a lifesaver! Now I don't think I could go to the beach without one.
towel: (again, not pictured but I'm sure you know what a towel looks like)
![]() |
| above: Fujifilm Instax; below: photos taken with it |
click images to make larger
the sun hat in all its glory
![]() |
| how cute is he! |
Happy GIFing!
Kyra













Great gadgets for a trip to the beach! Lovely pics and wonderful gif!!!
ReplyDelete♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘
Thank you Stella! the beach condo was so pretty I had to use it in the gif somehow :)
Deletei basically have the same stuff when going to the beach!!! :D great essentials!
ReplyDeleteAnimated Confessions
Thanks! I really like your blog! thanks for your comment :)
DeletePretty much the same things I have in my beach bag! ;) I love the photos too, the gifs are awesome!! :)
ReplyDeleteNew post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +
Thank you Nicole!!
Delete