 |
| Train views |
Bonjour! Back at the end of May, I visited Montreal and Quebec City for a week. I had never been to Canada, and I really enjoyed everything I ate, saw, and heard. I've been taking French classes for years, but to finally be immersed in it was a unique experience. Although I didn't say much back in French, it really was cool to walk in a store and have someone assume I speak French; it made me feel like I didn't give off a huge tourist vibe. Also, it's hilarious to watch the Stanley Cup finals with francophone commentators.
My photo-taking began even before the trip started. I'm a big fan of those super organized photos of just stuff (supplies, purse contents, equipment, etc.) that you see all over Instagram and Tumblr. Even though I'm not the most organized person on a day-to-day basis, I think I might have a knack for making it seem like I am.
 |
| Featured: Camera (duh), good walking shoes (Dr. Martens), book for the train, passport, sunglasses, ipod, wallet, comfy clothes, just the makeup you need (I brought too much oops) |
At 3am, I left (still half asleep) to the airport to catch our train to New York, that would then continue to Montreal. My travel outfits are never super fashiony and blog-worthy, but in case you were wondering: I wore a pair of Athleta leggings, a big tshirt, a Brandy Melville cardigan, a light jacket, and my Docs. The next 15 hours of my life were spent on a train or in a train station...I wouldn't recommend taking a supposed 12-hour train to Canada, or anywhere for that matter. It was supposed to be scenic but I didn't see much besides farms, cows, and the occasional lake.
When we finally reached Montreal, it was just about dusk.
 |
| First view of Montreal skyline |
The next two days, I explored churches, museums, restaurants, and even Chinatown. The food was excellent everywhere (I fell in love with poutine!), and I really enjoyed just walking around the city.
 |
| My hotel room had the most gorgeous morning light. |
 |
| I think I could eat poutine and sangria all day, every day. |
 |
| Notre Dame |
Leave a comment if you'd like to visit Montreal, or if you've already been!
Part 2 will be all about Quebec City.
Happy GIFing!
Kyra
0 comments:
Post a Comment