Bienvenue à Québec: Part 3

In Quebec, you can go from countryside to modern city to historical sites in a pretty small radius. Opposite the city are Montmorency Falls on one side of the St. Lawrence River, and Orleans Island (L'Île d'Orléans) on the other. Both have beautiful surroundings, and are worth seeing. There boats and buses that take tours around the river, and although it was incredibly windy on the boat ride I took, there were amazing views of the city.

If you don't want to venture out, there's also a lot of shopping, especially unique finds. I only bought a couple tiny things but I really regret not buying these handmade moccasins that were quite possibly the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. There was also a store with the coolest pieces of petrified wood and amethyst, among other stones and crystals. Even the cheesy tourist shops are fun to browse

Finally, if shopping or site-seeing doesn't interest you, you cannot go wrong with just about any restaurant in Quebec. I had the best food my entire trip, and sitting at the bar in hotel drinking wine (the drinking age is 18!) made me feel like the most sophisticated 19-year-old ever.

Here are my photos from my last few days in Quebec:



The lift up to the falls, and the waterfall itself
Orleans Island had the cutest houses
(kind of) touching the St. Lawrence River



While shopping in Old Quebec City, you can look up for a great view of The Chateau


Click to view parts 1 & 2!

Happy GIFing!
Kyra












0 comments:

Post a Comment