Firefly Music Festival: Day 1

Summer is the season of music festivals. From the infamous Coachella, to small-town folk fests, people from all over the world flock to outdoor stages to see their favorite artists. In Dover, DE, Firefly Music Festival is getting bigger and bigger each year. With 60,000+ attendees this year, it's becoming one of the best festivals on the east coast. Although it's not as blogged about as Glastonbury or SXSW, it still sees some great fashion trends.

This year, my looks tried to achieve "not dying in the heat while maybe looking decent." Lightweight, no fuss clothing is key to lasting the 4-day marathon of concerts. There are some other festival essentials, but that post will be up in a few days!

For day 1, I wore a sheer tank dress over some high-waisted denim shorts and a bralette. Sweat is unavoidable, so I tried to stay away from tight clothing. At the festival, I wore the same pair of short rain boots each day to keep my feet at least semi-clean (there's so much dirt!), but here I wore a simple pair of huaraches. I didn't take any outfit photos during Firefly weekend, but I've recreated the type of setting I was in. While camping, I basically lived out of the trunk of a car, so I used my little hatchback as a giant prop.








the light was gorgeous today, I couldn't resist

See, I did actually have shorts under there!


Comment below what you think of festivals in general, and their fashion trends!

Happy GIFing!
Kyra



shirt//free people; bralette//brandy melville; shorts//diy; shoes//thrifted; sunglasses//fred flare; necklace//gift; watch//kate spade


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kyra,
    Your article is really cool ! On one hand because of the topic and on the other hand, i love the way you present your photographs. And by the way, you are very pretty !

    Kisses from France,
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Thank you so much for your lovely comment! And thank you for reading :)

      Delete